Carter was first seen trapped in one of the chambers in the laboratory during the initial outbreak of the Thing. Blake was able to repair the chamber's Junction Box, however he was later revealed to be an imitation and was immediately killed by Blake and his team.
- Despite wearing a Medic's outfit, he is designated as a Soldier.
- Carter, like Ryan, is one of the few imitations found that are able to talk and are not completely silent.
- Carter will almost immediately burst out after encountering him, just like Parnevik, Stanmore and Guy.
- There is a way to prevent him from bursting: just like with Parnevik, do not go further into the facility and give him a weapon so he trusts you. Get away from him as soon as you open the door and give him the weapon, then make him follow you. He'll follow you throughout the facility and even help you in combat against Things. However, he will inevitably burst after the security switch sequence cutscene on the way to the holding cells.
- There is a glitch where, if you activate the security switch sequence cutscene while he's still human, he will appear as human after the cutscene, yet acting like an imitation, complete with animation, spitting paralyzing venom and growling.